Why CAS-One navigation?
Surgical resection is usually the first treatment considered for primary liver cancer and liver metastases. But for even the most skilled surgeon, navigating the complex structures of this vital organ in the face of small, multiple or vanishing lesions can be a challenge. Conventional ultrasound provides real-time guidance, but does not contain the same level of 3D information and anatomical details as pre-operative imaging. At CAScination, we believe that by providing advanced navigation and planning systems with state-of-the art 3D and augmented reality visualisation technology, we can help you to achieve the best possible outcome for your patient. Our CAS-One Surgery technology is available for open surgery, laparoscopy or ablation procedures, and provides you with a clear view of your target lesion or lesions throughout the procedure, helping you to overcome the challenges of liver surgery.
- Improved visibility with 3D visualisation of hard-to-see vascular structures and lesions
- Combines fast, precise tumour targeting with the avoidance of critical structures
- Simple-to-use - seamless integration with ultrasound technology means no switching between systems
- Imaging of invisible structures with Ubersound® augmented reality may result in better surgical outcomes
- May provide an option for patients previously considered ‘untreatable’ with resection or non-guided ablation